sexta-feira, 26 de setembro de 2014

How to Never Miss an Aurora



I'm often asked when is the best time to see the northern lights. I usually point out that they're connected to solar flares and vast eruptions of solar plasma called coronal mass ejections or CMEs. While these violent events and the auroras they spawn are more common during the peak of the sunspot cycle, they're liable to happen anytime and can be as unpredictable as earthly weather.
Not a very satisfying answer, I'll admit. But before you throw up your arms and seek another seer, allow me to arm you with several essential tools. If consulted regularly, I guarantee your chances of seeing an aurora will be maximized. Read more.

I'm often asked when is the best time to see the northern lights. I usually point out that they're connected to solar flares and vast eruptions of solar plasma called coronal mass ejections or CMEs. While these violent events and the auroras they spawn are more common during the peak of the sunspot cycle, they're liable to happen anytime and can be as unpredictable as earthly weather.
Not a very satisfying answer, I'll admit. But before you throw up your arms and seek another seer, allow me to arm you with several essential tools. If consulted regularly, I guarantee your chances of seeing an aurora will be maximized. Don't flog me if clouds show up. They're not part of the deal.
- See more at: http://www.skyandtelescope.com/astronomy-news/observing-news/sleuth-aurora-09252014/#sthash.Y1RpAeJ9.dpuf
I'm often asked when is the best time to see the northern lights. I usually point out that they're connected to solar flares and vast eruptions of solar plasma called coronal mass ejections or CMEs. While these violent events and the auroras they spawn are more common during the peak of the sunspot cycle, they're liable to happen anytime and can be as unpredictable as earthly weather.
Not a very satisfying answer, I'll admit. But before you throw up your arms and seek another seer, allow me to arm you with several essential tools. If consulted regularly, I guarantee your chances of seeing an aurora will be maximized. Don't flog me if clouds show up. They're not part of the deal.
- See more at: http://www.skyandtelescope.com/astronomy-news/observing-news/sleuth-aurora-09252014/#sthash.Y1RpAeJ9.dpuf

Sem comentários: